Our client is a transportation infrastructure provider. We are looking for a Systems Engineer to join their team. We are searching for a junior or intermediate engineer with an electrical engineering background, preferably coming from the automation industry.
- Manages the integrated system design elements of projects and/or maintenance activities for existing systems to address performance/availability risks.
- Manages project life cycle (definition, design, test, commissioning, and warranty) providing input and feedback to internal/external stakeholders. Includes review of supplier documentation, preparation, and execution of test plans, and following up with anomalies and issues.
- Participates in troubleshooting to establish systems that meet service level quality standards.
- Liaises with operations staff and engineers, participating in development and documentation of designs and related manuals to facilitate system operations related to transit infrastructure efficiencies.
- Provides technical advice, analyses and designs to resolve system and safety issues, develop robust and reliable solutions, and to review related design, test and as-built documentation provided by others.
- Assesses and communicates technical impacts, and implication of operational decisions and needs to internal/external stakeholders.
- Represents the company’s interests at project related meetings with our subsidiaries and other stakeholders.
- Participates in development of long range plans and studies to assess system-related transportation infrastructure requirements.
- Participates in definition and review of supplier change scope and related quotations to enable best value to be delivered in terms of time, quality and price.
- Electrical engineering degree.
- 3-4 years of experience working in the automation industry.
- Familiarity with scatter, automation, PLC and electrical distribution
- Consulting experience is a major asset but not required