Our client is a successful designer and manufacturer of marine systems and components for large commercial projects around the world. They are expanding and looking for a Technical Inside Sales and Support Specialist who will be responsible for assisting all their customers by proving the right information and allowing them to make an informed decision based on their specific needs.
This individual will initially collaborate with the sales team to identify, contact, qualify, develop, and convert existing and potential business opportunities. At the end of the training period, he/she will refine an effective sales strategy and year plan adapted to market opportunities in marine and land-based sectors including Mining, Forestry, Energy, and Industrial markets in Western Canada.
Previous experience in the marine sector is required.
- Experience in the marine industry (required). Contacts in mining, forestry and energy sectors considered an asset.
- 3+ of experience in a technical sales role.
- Highly ethical and service driven as you will often be the face of the company to customers.
- Ability to skillfully navigate in a sales context at the executive level including presentation skills and strong networking experience.
- Strong computing skills – particularly with Microsoft Office and experienced with CRM and accounting software.
- A problem solver and someone not afraid to collaborate to find the right solution.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with strong aptitude for building relationships in person, through email and over the phone.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and complete heavy workloads with speed and precision.
- Positive attitude and a strong sense of commitment to deadlines.
- Ability to work well in close collaboration with team mates as well as being productive on your own.
- Be willing and able to travel within Western Canada and internationally as necessary (10-25% once Covid-19 travel restrictions lift)
- Be able to do occasional physical demands such as lifting up to 25 kg in a warehouse setting, working in a heavy industrial setting such as a shipyard, and a loud or confined space such as on board a commercial vessel.
Bilingual in English and French is an asset.