Our client is one of the most successful and well-established suppliers of high-quality masonry products in Canada. For many years they have been providing Dealers, Designers, Architects, Homebuilders, General Contractors, and Homeowners with a variety of building products from top manufacturers in North America.
They are currently looking for a Technical Sales Representative who will be responsible for building and growing branch revenue and margin by delivering an exceptional customer experience to all their customers. This includes prospecting new masonry contractors and introducing new and existing brands, upselling to their existing masonry contractors, and working to secure specification position to fill their sales funnel for the future. The Outside Sales Representative position is a key part of their strategic growth plan and must have or gain knowledge to professionally and effectively promote the company’s product lines to new and existing customers. This role will seek out new opportunities to sell and service the market. Our customers are gold and we treat them that way.
In this role, the Sales Representative will create necessary documentation (quotes, job set up forms), set appropriate expectations with the customer related to logistics and delivery as well work as part of a team with other staff in the branch(es) to ensure the company meets its growth targets.
This position offers the opportunity to join a well-established but still expanding company and the chance to actively contribute to the business’ growth and success!
- Build long-term relationships with new and existing customers.
- Solve clients’ issues and provide outstanding customer service.
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities through cold calling, prospecting, and networking activities.
- Provide quotations, answer technical questions, and share detailed product information to customers.
- When needed, communicate with manufacturers to obtain additional technical support and competitive project-based pricing.
- Ensure all the client interactions are recorded in the internal database.
- Prepare client presentations, lunch&learns, and negotiate deals with customers to sign new contracts.
- 20-30% travel required, mostly across Ontario.
- Previous outside sales experience in the masonry/building materials industry, dealing with dealers, A&D community, homebuilders, commercial contractors.
- Successful record of meeting sales goals, pursuing, and managing accounts.
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with customers.
- Ability to use a CRM platform.
- Strong organizational and communication skills and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, driven, professional individual with an energetic personality.
- Ability to identify and solve problems.
- Valid driver’s license.