Our client is a leading equipment and machining manufacturer well-known for their quality and design as well as variety of services offered. They serve international markets for Mining, Oil & Gas, Forestry, Industrial and OEM’s and export their products in both North America and internationally.
They are looking to expand their business by adding a new Technical Sales Representative to their team. This individual will be responsible for advising customers on industrial solutions, estimating and securing capital projects and ensuring the customer is taken care of throughout the project. Experience in fabrication, welding and machining is essential.
This is an amazing opportunity to join a well-established organization that provides outstanding customer service and built its reputation on quality and durable products.
- Develop and maintain customer relations within the industrial manufacturing industry.
- Plan and schedule appointments with customers.
- Visit customers facilities, site locations to discuss capital projects, custom design and manufacturing solutions.
- Manage operation of accounts through responding to customers needs, review project goals, specifications and drawings.
- Identify projects, establish scope of work (labour, material, equipment), drawings and specifications.
- Ensure accurate take-off summary.
- Preparation and documentation of cost estimates and contract proposal.
- Present project scope and quote to customer and participate in bid closing meetings, address any agendas and change orders.
- Work closely with projects manager and mechanical engineers to successfully deliver project work plans and stay up-date with project.
- Report estimates and job activities and progress on a weekly basis.
- Travel within Canada and USA to visit site locations as well as attend trade shows and relevant conferences (estimated travel 20%)
- 10 years’ experience in sales, estimating and executing small to large capital projects.
- Experience in fabrication, welding and machining is essential.
- Technical degree in mechanical engineering or trade as millwright, machinist, fabricator, welder or equivalent.
- Creative and proven problem-solving ability.
- Highly motivated individual with strong communication, organizational, customer relations and team engagement.
- Strong people skills with a demonstrated ability for building relationships.