Our client is a well-established Canadian distributor offering a wide range of building isolation products and solutions to Architects, Engineers, Designers, OEMs, Contractors, and Property/Factory Managers. Due to their growth and expansion, they are in need of a Technical Sales Representative with a strong technical background and a proven track record of sales. This individual will look after existing and prospective accounts while coordinating projects in Western Canada. The position will be based in Burnaby, BC (hybrid will be offered) and requires little travel. 2-5 years of previous technical sales experience within the construction/building materials industry is required.
- Field calls from clients
- Determine the appropriate product for the client
- Provide quotes
- Enter sales orders
- Meet with architects and engineers to discuss project details, provide solutions and pricing.
Customer Technical Support
- Advise contractors, engineers, and consultants as to what products to use and how to use them.
- Conduct site reviews and attend meetings when needed
- Attend appropriate association meetings, conventions, exhibitions, and conferences
- Act as the contact for projects
- Produce and send the client documentation
- Ensure material deliveries are scheduled to meet project timelines
- Technical Diploma or Engineering background preferred
- 2+ years of sales experience
- Experience dealing with the A&D community, Engineering Consultants, Contractors, OEMs, Property Managers, etc.
- Knowledge of building isolation products is a strong asset
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills and the ability to use sound judgment
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, along with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to travel for client meetings, construction inspections, and progress reviews, when necessary