Our client is a leading manufacturer of wiring products to the construction industry. They have several offices around the world and are currently in need of a Territory Sales Manager who will be looking after the BC territory. This individual will be responsible for contacting and developing sales leads, closing sales and providing ongoing service to distributors, engineers, specifiers, HVAC, mechanical and electrical contractors within the construction industry. He/She will have excellent support from management, the sales and marketing team, technical and production.
The ideal candidate is a go-getter, driven, well-organized person, with a good understanding of the local construction market and its players (commercial projects). Previous experience in mechanical/electrical/plumbing sales is an asset.
- Identify, pursue, manage Distributors and Contractors of MEP Services in British Columbia.
- Provide technical support and share product knowledge with Architects, Engineers, Consultant, and End Users.
- Provide training to distributors on company’s products.
- Identify new leads and follow up on existing ones to increase company’s market share.
- Follow up on projects and product specifications.
- Establish and maintain long-term relationships with general contractors and assist them with installation procedures.
- Contribute to the company’s business strategy and offer insights on how to possibly grow the current business.
- 5+ years of sales experience in the construction industry, ideally with focus on the mechanical/electrical/plumbing/hvac sector.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred) or technical diploma.
- Energetic, ambitious individual with great desire of building a successful career with a major player in the industry.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to make cold calls and prospect for new customers.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, ability to work in team and independently.