Our client is transforming how the world is energized by developing the first commercially viable fusion power plant! By combining new technologies, proven industrial processes, and advances in fundamental fusion science, they aim to be the first in the world to develop commercial fusion power. Key performance requirements have been demonstrated at the system level, setting the stage for building a pre-commercial fusion power prototype. The prototype will be sold to any organization involved in building power plants around the world.
They are looking for a Test Manager to join their Plasma Injector team in Burnaby, BC. His/Her work will focus on the design and execution of a testing program to inform and validate the design of the plasma injector system. The ideal candidate has a strong background in the operation and design of custom test equipment and diagnostics as well as data analysis. The person will work with the Physics and Engineering teams on developing the test plans. They will work with the Lab Technical and Diagnostic teams on setting up and maintaining the test equipment required to carry out the test plans. They will also work with the Experimental team to run the testing and validate the data that is being collected.
- Schedule machine operation and experimental plan; machine maintenance, upgrades; diagnostic maintenance and upgrades
- Crosstrain operators on different machines
- Ensure updated safety and operational procedures are in place
- Ensure a clear test plan is in place for the operators running the experiments on each machine
- Work with the machine operators to validate the data integrity for each experiment as the test plan is being executed
- Work with the physicists, diagnostics team, and data analysts to validate the initial results of each experiment to look for systematic errors in the data or the need for modifications to the test plan to ensure the test is achieving the purpose of the experiment
- Degree in Physics, Engineering Physics or equivalent, with 5-10 years relevant experience
- Experience designing in designing and carrying out complex experiments and test plans
- Experience with developing and commissioning prototype test equipment and diagnostics
- Experience leading a multi-disciplinary team of engineers and scientists
- Experience with Python or equivalent software language
- Experience with plasma physics
- Experience working with high vacuum equipment