Our client is a global leader in the development and natural ingredients and supplements. They specialize in creating retail products that are sold under their customer’s brand portfolios. They have developed a wide variety of plant specialty oils, marine products, nutraceuticals, proteins, natural ingredients, and other products. The company has manufacturing plants in North America and Europe.
We are looking for a VP of Global Supply Chain Management to join their team. This individual will manage supply and demand planning, inventory control, inventory management and logistics systems to ensure the company’s strategic and economic objectives are met and customers are well serviced.
This person will lead the logistics manager, supply chain manager, purchasing officer, facilities maintenance, and inventory management.
Our client will provide a competitive renumeration package, including a base salary, bonus tied to personal and company performance, pension plan and full benefits. Relocation assistance will also be provided for candidates outside of Saskatoon.
- Develop and innovate supply chain planning, inventory management, inventory control and logistics systems for the company to achieve strategic objectives
- Develop a strategy to streamline the company’s business and reporting systems, leveraging technology
- Lead the company’s global supply chain planning, inventory, and logistics functions
- Develop plans for supply chain staff development and training
- Develop and lead the sales and operations planning system, reviewing, and balancing global demand and supply that enables strategic planning and decision marketing
- Develop KPIs for the overall supply chain team
- Evaluate the company’s ERP system and recommend changes
- Implement procedures and systems for successful supply chain planning, taking into account demand planning and supply planning
- Implement procedures and systems to control and manage the company’s inventory at all levels
- Streamline reporting systems
- Monitor effective warehousing and transportation systems
- Manage and coach the supply chain team
- Prepare and analyze supply/demand and inventory reports
- Prepare various supply chain reports, including KPI measurements
- Lead continuous demand planning and supply chain planning meetings
- Supply chain designation
- Knowledge of ERP systems, inventory control, purchasing and planning
- Experience leading a team of supply chain and inventory management professionals
- Experience in the procurement of food ingredients, technical ingredients, nutraceuticals, supplements, or related products
- Experience managing purchasing and logistics on a global scale
- A minimum of 5-7 years of experience working at the director level. VP level experience is preferred
- A collaborative leadership approach
- Excellent communication skills, solid command of English written and verbal skills, experience leading a team
- Experience in business management, budget, and data analysis
- Strong time management skills and attention to detail
- Good working knowledge of systems, savvy with an eye towards increased efficiencies in any aspect of supply chain and inventory control