Our client is a global leader in the development and natural ingredients and supplements. They specialize in creating retail products that are sold under their customer’s brand portfolios. They have developed a wide variety of plant specialty oils, marine products, nutraceuticals, proteins, natural ingredients, and other products. The company has manufacturing plants in North America and Europe.
We are looking for a Vice President of Manufacturing to join their team. This individual will lead the plant manager, packaging supervisor, maintenance technicians, and production scheduler, as well as seed cleaning.
Our client will provide a competitive renumeration package, including a base salary, bonus tied to personal and company performance, pension plan and full benefits. Relocation assistance will also be provided for candidates outside of Saskatoon.
- Prepare and manage operating budgets
- Plan and implement procedures for operations
- Monitor training systems in operations
- Evaluate and monitor performance of crush and blending operations
- Evaluate and monitor performance of the packaging plant
- Make recommendations regarding inventory levels
- Observe and inspect operations on the plant floor
- Interact and liaise with floor personnel
- Implement a culture of continuous improvement and safety
- Prepare production reports
- Prepare cost reports for packaging
- Prepare oil yield, seed crushed and unit cost reports
- Prepare manufacturing efficiencies and quality improvement plans
- Prepare GMP and training compliance reports
- Monitory safety and environmental issues
- Prepare annual budgets
- Develop KPIs for the overall operations team
- Manage and coach the operations team
- Engineering degree – either electrical or mechanical
- EIT/ or P.Eng. status is a major asset
- Experience leading the production or operations of a food processing or food production facility.
- We will also consider candidates from the packaging industry
- A minimum of 5-7 years of experience working at the director level. VP level experience is preferred
- A collaborative leadership approach
- Excellent communication skills, solid command of English written and verbal skills
- Experience leading a team of manufacturing/operations professionals
- Experience in business management, budget, and data analysis
- Strong time management skills and attention to detail
- Good working knowledge of systems, savvy with an eye towards increased efficiencies in any aspect of operations/manufacturing