Our client is a world leading manufacturer of ventilation products for residential and commercial applications. They are currently looking for a Vice President / Business Unit Manager who will be responsible for leading all the Canadian operational activities with the objective to deliver superior performance in sales, marketing, customer services, R&D, production, and after-sales. This individual will work closely with all the company’s departments to increase market’s presence in North America, while mentoring, leading, and retaining an existing team of exceptional individuals that the company has been building its foundations on for many years.
The ideal candidate is someone with outstanding leadership and communications skills and with previous experience in lean manufacturing and operations at the executive level. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a well-established, multinational organization that is set up for expansion and offers high-quality products in a growing sector.
- Ensure that the business is run in the most efficient and effective manner in order to profitably meet customer’s expectations
- Ensure the best possible return on capital employed while focusing on longer-term growth opportunities
- Responsible and accountable for the sales and financial performance with full P&L responsibility, including approval of CAPEX & Budgets
- Identify company’s priorities and negotiate strategic agreements
- Support key account development and customer-centricity across the organization
- Lead, coach and develop the local management team and people across the entire organization
- Collaborate with the other international sites, particularly on new product and service opportunities.
- Ensure fulfilment of company’s policies and procedures
- 10+ years of relevant leadership experience, ideally in an international industrial environment
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration / Economics / Technology / Engineering or bachelor’s degree combined with MBA
- Proven track record in translating strategies and concepts efficiently into concrete and successful actions to reach business objectives
- Proven track record in growing a medium-sized business in the industrial sector (business-to-business)
- Previous experience managing P&L and overall financial responsibility
- Experienced in Change Management and coaching teams
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit and business acumen
- Natural leader with the ability to motivate and inspire teams to achieve goals and perform at the highest level
- Proficient language skills in English. Knowledge of a second language is an asset.