Our client is a growing SAAS company in Vancouver with international operations in China, India, US and expanding into the UK. Due to growth they are bringing the finance and accounting in-house. This role will support management with ensuring accurate financial reporting, manage the external accounting firms, work with external financial advisors, ensure proper systems and processes are in place and provide strategic recommendations. Key will be preparation of material and communication with existing and potential new investors.
Previous experience at CFO or VP level is required.
- Lead our finance team to manage the day-to-day financial operations
- Work with external accounting firms and internal accounting staff to ensure timely and accurate bookkeeping and financial reporting of parent company and other subsidiaries
- Participate in and lead the provision of effective strategic financial planning, recommendation and information
- Track, analyze and prepare SaaS metrics such as MRR, ARR, Churn rate and etc.
- Manage accounting and financial systems and maintain full and accurate accounting records
- Produce monthly P&L and BS
- Analyze intercompany accounts/transactions and prepare related adjusting/clearing entries
- Prepare financial materials and communicate with existing and potential new investors
- Ensure compliance with financial, government and tax legislations, regulations and policies
- Perform all other tasks as assigned
- 7+ years of relevant experience in accounting and billing department
- 3+ years of overseeing finance operations in a SaaS company with $10M in ARR
- CPA is required
- Strong SaaS analytical skills
- Must be a team player
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, results driven, rapidly changing environment and effectively handle competing priorities
- Fund raising and M&A experience is a big plus
- Willing to have some evening meetings to communicate with global teams