Our client is a successful and well-established supplier of mining products and services. They are adding an Account Manager based anywhere in Ontario (close to an airport) with focus on maintaining relationships with the company’s existing customers, provide technical advice, meeting their ongoing requirements, and training them on new and current product lines.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a thriving, stable organization with national and international presence.
- Develop new business and increase opportunities with accounts in the area by developing, maintaining, and managing relationships with key contacts.
- Solicit and negotiate customer orders according to the Marketing/Sales Plan.
- Co-ordinate the efforts of Customer Service, Applications, Metallurgy, and other personnel as required to expeditiously process and execute customer orders and to support company’s products and services.
- Update and maintain long-term market forecast information as required.
- Create and maintain monthly and yearly customer forecasts by product.
- Technically support company products and services to assigned customers.
- Create and maintain technical and commercial data files on customers and competitors in co-ordination with other business units of the company.
- Efficiently manage time and budgeted funds, reporting to Sales Manager in a timely and organized manner.
- Accumulate, prepare and manage customer consumption analytical information and report thereon as required.
- Other reasonable sales and other duties required to assist company to meet its goals and objectives.
- Minimum of 5 years of technical sales/account management experience in mining or a related industrial sector.
- Post-Secondary education preferred – ideally a degree or diploma in engineering, business, marketing, or equivalent.
- Strong technical writing skills, with experience preparing technical sales quotations/proposals.
- Previous experience using Salesforce or another CRM.
- Proven ability to negotiate and manage sustainable relationships.
- Independent, goal-driven, and results-oriented.
- Ability to travel across Canada and the US.