Our client is a highly diversified medium-sized company that manufactures commodity and value-added wood products at plants on Vancouver Island and in the BC Interior; operates a dynamic wholesale business; and manages a sales group that markets wood products around the world. They also operate an expanding trucking business.
They have an opening for an Accounting Manager for their trucking company. This company also has product sales and manufactures wood mats. This position will provide a learning opportunity, with mentorship, that is expected to lead the successful candidate into a controllership position for this company and can lead to other growth opportunities within our group. The ideal candidate is a recent CPA graduate with public practice experience who is ready to move to the industry.
- Full responsibility for the preparation of monthly working paper files at a level approaching audit quality, financial statements, and development of the monthly reporting package.
Working papers to include:
- All balance sheet accounts
- Select revenue and expense accounts.
- Unit analysis with commentary
- Analytical review
Monthly responsibilities include:
- Bank reconciliations
- Accounts receivable reconciliation
- Accounts payable reconciliation
- Product inventory reconciliation and detailed operating statement for non-trucking operations
- Review of sales invoices
- Final approval of purchase invoices for payment
- Detailed review of hourly payroll
- Preparation of salary payroll
- Preparation of bank reports
- Direct oversight of the general ledger
Other responsibilities include:
- Oversight of accounts payable and receivable staff
- Working with payroll administrator to ensure accuracy and completion of bi-weekly payroll
- Preparation of GST, PST, WCB, EHT returns, and other regulatory filings
- Development of additional internal controls and changes to accounting processes as required
- CPA Designation
- Public practice experience and ready to move into the industry.
- Will consider others who are looking for their first step into management who have good full-cycle experience and supervised a small team.
- Great Plains Dynamics is a plus. Must be comfortable with computerized accounting systems
- Excel skills
- Able to read and understand legal and banking documents
- High attention to detail
- Maintain confidentiality while managing highly sensitive material with the utmost professionalism.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication
- Solid time-management skills