Our client is a leading manufacturer of hydraulic equipment with a strong international footprint. They are looking for a General Manager for their well-established North American operations who will be responsible for sales, operations, finance, legal and HR matters. The new hire will provide strategic leadership while optimizing processes and procedures, managing relationships with key accounts, negotiating complex deals, and supporting employees on a daily basis.
The ideal candidate is someone with previous leadership experience at the Executive level, ability to drive a strategic vision and meet company’s objectives. Previous experience selling parts/equipment to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) or other B2B accounts is expected.
This position will be based in Delta, BC and will require national and international travel (15-20%) to clients, tradeshows, and corporate events.
This is a great opportunity to join a successful company that is looking to expand further and develop new markets and market segments in North, South and Central America, within defense and commercial sectors.
- Develop and execute business strategies to meet company’s objectives.
- Identify new business opportunities and negotiate/close deals with new customers.
- Manage relationships with current OEM’s, Dealers and Defense contractors while providing training on new and existing products and services.
- Oversee the company’s business operations and financial performance. Full P&L responsibilities.
- Set goals for individual and group performance while providing leadership, guidance, mentorship to employees in both Canada and US. Hire and train non-shop staff.
- Assess and improve company’s procedures and processes in order to foster growth, cost efficiency and provide excellent customer service.
- Ensure safety programs, laws and regulations are fully respected.
- Previous experience at the executive level in a hands-on role with focus on sales/business development activities.
- Degree in Business, Marketing, or related fields an asset.
- Experience in developing and implementing strategic and business plans.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and make decisions.
- Excellent communications, organizational, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical/critical thinking and business acumen.
- Solid leadership skills and ability to foster a positive and supportive culture.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office. Previous experience with any ERP system an asset.