Our client is a leading designer and manufacturer of industrial equipment for processing industries. They have offices around the world and are in need of a Process Engineering Manager for their Delta, BC location (2 days in office, 3 days remote).
This individual will have strong process engineering, test work management, and commissioning/operational support experience in froth flotation operations. The new hire will provide both process engineering design support and services to international and Canadian mining clients.
This is a full-time, permanent job offering room for growth and career advancement opportunities.
- Lead and guide a team of Process Engineers/Metallurgists/Process Technicians to ensure the achievement of quality, completion and profit objectives
- Checking and reviewing work performed by other members of the process team and assisting with the allocation of work within the team
- Pro-active contribution to the business development activity including client meetings, technical presentations at professional conferences and/or events
- Provide leadership and professional development to the process team
- Develop and review Workflow Processes and Procedures
Technical and Operational Support:
- Laboratory / Piloting Metallurgical Test work Program – development, management, and interpretation
- Writing and reviewing test work report and business case
- Perform calculation on equipment sizing and process design scope in response to RFQ’s packages
- Commissioning, Operation and Optimization supports at clients’ site
- Resolving technical and process design challenges
- Collaborating on projects with other team members and our clients
- Liaising with key stakeholders on all technical aspects of projects
- Providing regular project updates including work progress, risks, and priorities
- Degree in Engineering with 10-15 years relevant experience preferably in mineral processing or chemical engineering
- Experience in froth flotation process
- Registered as a as Professional Engineer in Canada
- Prior experience in a client-facing role with proven experience in delivering OEM and/or EPC projects on time and within budgets
- Communication and leadership skills combined with the ability to provide advanced technical solutions and problem-solve are essential to the role
- Detail orientation, strong planning, organizational, scheduling and coordination skills.
- Ability to respond quickly to change and adapt to new requirements
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work independently
- Capability to prioritize and deliver work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to travel and do site visits