Our client is a public accounting firm with offices in Nanaimo and downtown Vancouver with over 40 staff. They are looking for Managers for both offices. They specialize in advising and providing accounting and tax services to healthcare professionals and owner-managed businesses.
They are seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated, and ambitious manager or senior manager to join the team. The successful candidate would possess a CPA designation and a minimum of 2 years of recent, post-designation public practice experience. This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic and talented professional looking for a rewarding career in tax and accounting, with unlimited potential for growth and success.
- Compilation of year-end financial statements and working papers in a paperless format
- Preparation of corporate, personal and trust income tax returns
- Reviewing and approving work prepared by junior accounting staff
- Preparing and reviewing corporate and personal tax plans
- Opportunity for assignment of special tax projects, corporate reorganizations, incorporations and complex client files
- Establishing and maintaining positive client relationships
- Corresponding with taxation authorities
- Supervising and mentoring junior staff
- Communicating with partners and staff regarding client engagements and expectations
- Providing the very best possible client service
- CPA Designation
- A minimum of 2 years of recent post-designation public practice experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to effectively meet deadlines
- Experience working with Caseware/Caseview, CanTax, Quickbooks, and Simply Accounting
- Proficiency in MS Office, with a special emphasis on MS Excel
- Keen attention to detail
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong work ethic
- Positive attitude, and exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to effectively manage client and staff relationships, respond promptly to client needs, and meet client expectations