Our client has been providing premium quality, reusable, polypropylene containers to the food service industry for over 15 years. They take pride in their commitment to sustainability and ensuring that they deliver the most environmentally friendly, high-quality plastic containers that are designed for durability, reuse, and recyclability. They are looking for a US Sales Manager to work with the VP of Sales to create an annual sales execution strategy and financial and customer targets for the USA.
- Managing and driving the business by monitoring the performance of the sales representative groups
- Develop and fill gaps where representation is currently vacant
- Provide in-person or on-phone sales training to sales representatives
- Liaise with the distributor representatives to establish and service accounts
- Provide timely and hands-on support to all representative groups and prospective customers
- Active role in all sales initiatives, industry trade shows and events, and customer meetings
- Work with VP of Sales on incentive programs and promotional opportunities
- Resolve retailer issues and complaints in a timely manner
- Coordinate with marketing manager and branch managers to target specific client groups and sectors
- Look for opportunities in new sectors, and to expand offerings with existing clients
- Conduct quarterly planning sessions on National Accounts.
- Provide updates on existing and new customer opportunities on a scheduled basis
- Undergraduate degree or diploma preferably in business management or business administration
- 5+ years experience in managerial or account management position
- 5+ years in the food service packaging sector required
- Excellent organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Proactive, with a focus on driving positive impact and delivering results
- Valid driver’s license and available vehicle
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time.